Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creative Response to Topic

Using detournment in my project could be difficult. I am working with language, music, and texts. Taking the ideas for any of these, and turning them into something that "mocks" the original will take serious creativity. What mocks a dictionary? or music? or texts? Turning something that deals with language, words and reading, and developing it into a visual image is one idea. In terms of anonymity for my project, the idea that all the 'authors' work under an anonymous name could be fun to work with. What if everything posted was directly tied to the person who posted it. Creating a site that shows picture and name identity would mock the idea of the sites I'm working with.

After class presentation..

Now that I have a more clear idea of what detournement is, I realized that my project is based around it. Taking something old and changing it into new. This is the remix idea I am working with. A creative project I could do would be to incorporate remixes of my remixes.. so from Websters to Pandora to ..possibly mixing together "average joes" singing a particular artists music. From text to TFLN to ... texts telling a story by combining them together. From websters to Urban to .. using slang terms in literature writing.

I could take my "remixed" multimedia and take them back to the past or spring them onto what could be coming next. I would have to explore ideas of what would be most accessible to me and which ideas would accommodate my 3 topics best.

No comments: