Thursday, December 3, 2009

12/3 Blog about creative gallery

My project is going to be a movie made on windows movie maker. It is going to be a WVU Dictionary, showcasing 10 terms associated with the surrounding area and students. For example, the lair, the green, the mon, rail trail, casa, etc.. Im having students define these words, and students from other schools who are not familiar with WVU define these words. The movie will show pictures of what each definition is talking about, and emphasize how culture affects language. This relates back to Urban Dictionary, the focus of my projet, because it shows how terms are created to accomodate people that are familiar with them.

So far I've started working on my creative gallery and have completed half of my movie slideshow in Windows Movie Maker. I have some pictures left to take on my own time and add in along with titles to finish up the movie. I also have to decide on music for the video and revise transitions.

One problem that I'm running into is that my version of Movie Maker on my personal computer is not compatible with the movie maker used on the school computers, so I can't upload or send my video to any of those computers to work on it. I have to figure out how to upload it into my blog successfully so I can be sure that there are no problems when it's my turn to present. Aside from that, the movie is on point with what I expected it to be, and I am just looking forward to getting it completed.

Questions and things left to finish..
- I need help transferring my video onto school computers or into my blog.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It sounds like your project is coming along very well and it will be interesting to watch when you present it since it relates to WVU. As for how to upload it, if it is a Windows Movie Maker it should work on the shcools computer but make sure they are in Windows form anf not in MAC mode. If that doesn't work try saving the file in a diffrent format. I am sure once experimenting with the different file formats you'll figure it out.

Alex said...

Danielle:
Wow! It sounds like you're working on a very time consuming and extensive project. I'm excited to see how it turns out! It sounds like you have a solid grasp on what you still need to work on, and unfortunately, I'm not a computer wiz.
Good luck with the rest of your project!